I am a woman whose heart yearns for realness. Realness for myself, but also realness for women around me, for I know with realness comes freedom! I long for greater confidence in Christ and hope to inspire those I come into contact with to feel the same. This is a blog about my journey to transform into something more beautiful, something more real, like a butterfly. These are ponderings from a willing heart.

Monday, August 1, 2011

New beginnings

I woke up this morning and realized that it was Monday. (this happens to me once in a while since I have no real reason to know what day it is!)  Then another realization hit me... it is August 1st.  It is the beginning of a new week, beginning of a new month.  I felt inspired to start fresh this morning.  As I began my quiet time with God I was inspired once again to make some commitments...
  • I commit to being more diligent in my time with the Lord.  Setting aside time to intentionally talk to God and read His Word.
  • I commit to being more honest, with myself and also with others.  I wouldn't say that I am a dishonest person, but sometimes I tend to "sugar-coat" when I need to be firm and forward.
  • I commit to prayer, not the "Oh Lord I need You to..." kind of prayer, but more of a "I long to spend time in Your presence" kind of prayer.
  • I commit to loving better.  I long to love more like the Lord loves, unconditionally and without expectation of reciprocity.
  • I commit to being more active.  Whenever I am intentional about my health I feel more motivated to tackle other areas of my life.
  • I commit to eating better/drinking more water.  I want to be the kind of example to Lynnlee that she can model as she gets older.
  • and finally I commit to relying on the Lord to help me in my pursuit of these things.  I know that without His grace and mercy each day none of these things would be possible.
So now I am asking for help.  I am asking for partnership. I am asking for accountability.  Have you ever felt the need for a fresh start? If so, why not today?

No comments:

Post a Comment