I am a woman whose heart yearns for realness. Realness for myself, but also realness for women around me, for I know with realness comes freedom! I long for greater confidence in Christ and hope to inspire those I come into contact with to feel the same. This is a blog about my journey to transform into something more beautiful, something more real, like a butterfly. These are ponderings from a willing heart.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Slowing down

These past few weeks have felt like a whirlwind! I started my last Fall semester, my internship, took on a position as a coordintor for a women's event at Fellowship, signed up for "Mom's and More", and took a trip with Travis and Lynnlee in the midst of all of it!  After months of being home and taking care of Lynnlee all of this felt overwhelming and burdensome.  Though each individual piece is wonderful, each piece has so much potential to grow me and teach me about the love of God, the sum of it all feels cumbersome and exhausting.  In the midst of all of the chaos I was looking through the pictures of our trip to North Carolina.  I have already uploaded them to the computer and shared some on Facebook so I was just going over the trip in my head.  Then I came across this picture...


Suddenly I remembered the beauty of God's creation... the detail He spent time crafting, each individual leaf, each cloud in the sky, each breath that I breathe in and out, He spent time creating.  He thought I was important enough to create each facet of my being, each quirk in my personality, each tiny fiber that makes up who I am.  So instead of feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and ragged I am choosing to remember that God created me with abilities and gifts and that He will provide the strength to become the woman He crafted me to be.  Sometimes I have to slow down enough to see the world around me and know that I am loved more than the sparrow, more than the flower, that if God is taking care of them, He will take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment