I am a woman whose heart yearns for realness. Realness for myself, but also realness for women around me, for I know with realness comes freedom! I long for greater confidence in Christ and hope to inspire those I come into contact with to feel the same. This is a blog about my journey to transform into something more beautiful, something more real, like a butterfly. These are ponderings from a willing heart.

Friday, August 5, 2011

A Hero's Rise

It's hard to see our heroes bleed
In them we place our salvation
We're told that they have what we need
Their lives we hold in elevation
Till one day off the pedestal they fall
And our fears revealed so clearly
They are not unbreakable after all
In fact they are humans merely
But there is one whose blood is strength
Whose tears and wounds our hope is clinging
He endured a life of pain
So we could have a chance at healing
Jesus' blood was not His weakness
His frailty and humanity shown
Calvary revealed this Hero's greatness
The payment for our sin atoned
A hero He was never called
Until the day His blood was shed
It was then He gave His all
And rose a Hero, from the dead

No comments:

Post a Comment