I am a woman whose heart yearns for realness. Realness for myself, but also realness for women around me, for I know with realness comes freedom! I long for greater confidence in Christ and hope to inspire those I come into contact with to feel the same. This is a blog about my journey to transform into something more beautiful, something more real, like a butterfly. These are ponderings from a willing heart.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Freedom? Really?

Captivity is a complex and interesting thing. I have written about my struggle with insecurity and with my desire for approval from pretty much anyone with breath in their lungs.  I have experienced some freedom from this, but as I find myself in a new transitional season I see those same familiar flickers of insecurity rising up once again.  My heart is so tired of going around and around the same issues, the same battles, yet here I am again, circling my cage and chains that once held me captive thinking "Maybe that wasn't so bad, I mean I at least knew what to expect".  And there it is... the ugly truth, I have known bondage and captivity for so long it is more comfortable to me than freedom!  Don't worry I do know how screwed up that is! I picked up the Breaking Free Bible study by Beth Moore (for the 3rd time) and began again.  God is so faithful and tender toward his children.  He chastises us,  he reproves, he corrects, but then... oh He is sweeter than honey and loves me so fiercely! Isaiah 61:1-4 was where He lead me this morning once again...  it says that Jesus came to bind up the brokenhearted, to set the captives free, to comfort those who mourn, to trade us beauty for our ashes.  That is scandalously beautiful to me! That is love like the world has never known! As I envision  myself circling the cage of my insecurities and the chains of man's approval I hear Jesus calling out "That is NOT where you belong, that is not your safe place, come to me when you are weary and I will give you rest. Take my yoke and learn from me about freedom, for I am gentle and humble in me you will find rest.  My yoke is easy and burden is light." And there is the truth in the midst of the lies Satan would have me believe.  I am uneasy wandering around free from my bondage because I need to bind myself to Jesus!  He is calling me to leave behind the chains and cages of worldly slavery and bind my wandering heart to HIM!  His yoke is easy... those words are like an earthquake to my soul shaking my core to awakening.  This is freedom... Lord thank you for freedom from bondage and a safe place to run.  Take me far from this place and bind my heart to Christ and his sacrifice.  Help me to recognize the beauty of this freedom, the captivating and devastating freedom found only in Him.  

1 comment:

  1. So much alike are we....I still at times find myself seeking out whatever form of "approval" or "acceptance" or "head nod" only to soon after realize the real satisfaction I seek is from no human or worldly thing or being. I love you Cuarter!

    ReplyDelete